The Santa Diaries
By Laura Ambler and Mala Burt
Art Celebrating - and Benefiting - Community Buy now
A holiday musical comedy for the entire family; produced by and starring your friends and neighbors.
When a successful and self-absorbed Hollywood actor is forced to return to his small hometown and direct the community holiday play, he rediscovers the joy of Christmas, a lost love, and learns to embrace his inner Santa.
“The Santa Diaries is a funny, touching, popped-culture spin on an old roasting chestnut of a tale – the insufferable heel redeemed by the spirit of Christmas. Ambler and Burt’s toy box storyline provides ample opportunity for future productions to play with a range of scenic design, innovative casting opportunities, and a holiday season’s worth of fun.”
Brent Lewis, author of Remembering Kent Island: Stories from the Chesapeake, A History of the Kent Island Volunteer Fire Department and Bloody Point, a mystery set in the Chesapeake Bay's Eastern Shore.
The Santa Diaries Buy now
• Raised over $31,000 for the nonprofit Avalon Foundation in its December 2012 one week premiere
• Was a collaborative community effort involving one hundred actors, artists, musicians, singers, dancers, writers, set designers, and costumers with the enthusiastic support of their family and friends
• Celebrates unique small town culture while exploring universal themes
• Opening holiday family photo montage enabled hundreds of others in the community to “have a part” in the play
• Inspired a Facebook page and blog where cast and audience connected
• A multimedia performance which incorporated both visual and performing arts
• Had an all inclusive cast aging from five to eighty five for all talented ranges
• Delighted an audience of all ages who laughed and cried
• Generated significant support from the local business community
The Santa Diaries was produced in Baltimore County, MD in 2013, Faribault, MN in 2014, Sugar Creek, IN in 2018 and Bath Maine in 2018.
Let The Santa Diaries Celebrate and Benefit Your Community.
For more information contact Ambler and Burt at email@example.com